If you are already a member of the BCS, please remember to ensure that you are currently associated with BCS Hertfordshire in your membership communities.
Associating with BCS Hertfordshire ensures that you receive news from us on events and activities. It also helps BCS Hertfordshire as your participation in our community helps to ensure that our funding from the BCS continues each year. This enables us to be more ambitious in our events programme and hopefully add more value to your membership and IT career.
To associate with BCS Hertfordshire
- Log into the My BCS Portal using your registered username and password. If you do not yet have a username and password, you will require your BCS membership number from your annual renewal letter / membership card.
View: My BCS (opens in new tab)
- In the header click ‘Manage your membership’
- Under Manage your communities, select “Update branches”
- Towards the bottom of the page you will see your current branch subscriptions list, select “change branches” to the right hand side of the title
- You may now select up to three regional branch communities to be associated with. These choices will likely infer your geographical membership in the BCS, however if you are interested in receiving news and information from any other regional community of the BCS you can elect to receive their messages here. You may associate with up to three different branch communities.
- Finally, click the “Update” button to confirm your choices.
You BCS membership preferences will be updated within 48 hours after which you will receive occasional messages from us relating to our events programme and community activities.
Subscribe to our social media channels
Additionally, it is recommended that you subscribe to our social media channels for faster access to news, information and updates from your BCS committee.